The German Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed/ÄZQ) is the German Physicians' Centre of Excellence for Evidence based Medicine, Knowledge Management and Patient Safety.
The German Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed) - in German "Ärztliches Zentrum für Qualität in der Medizin (ÄZQ)", established in 1995 and located in Berlin, coordinates healthcare quality programmes with special focus on evidence-based medicine, medical guidelines, patient empowerment, patient safety programs, and quality management. AQuMed is a non-profit organization owned by the German Medical Association and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians.
AQuMed major focus lies on
- appraising and/or producing guidelines, quality indicators and patient information
- disseminating and implementing evidence-based guidelines
- coordinating error prevention and patient safety measures
- developing methodologies for guidelines and evidence-based healthcare
- identifying and appraising quality innovations
The Office of the German Network for Evidence Based Medicine (DNEbM)
The Office of the Guidelines International Network (G-I-N)
- The Guideline Office of European Society for Quality in Healthcare (ESQH)
- The G-I-N Conference 2012 "Global Evidence - International Diversity"
AQuMed holds the editorship of
The German Journal for Evidence and Quality in Healthcare (Zeitschrift fuer Evidenz, Fortbildung und Qualitaet im Gesundheitswesen - ZEFQ)
AQuMed's internet address