Impressions of our work
The German Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed/ÄZQ) is the German Physicians' Centre of Excellence for Evidence based Medicine, Knowledge Management and Patient Safety.
The German Agency for Quality in Medicine - in German "Ärztliches Zentrum für Qualität in der Medizin (ÄZQ)", established in 1995 and located in Berlin, coordinates healthcare quality programmes with special focus on evidence-based medicine, medical guidelines, patient empowerment, patient safety programs, and quality management.
AQuMed is a non-profit organization owned by the German Medical Association and the National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians. The Agency is one of the founding members of the Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) and the German Network for Evidence bases Medicine (DNEbM).
AQuMed major focus lies on:
- appraising and/or producing guidelines, quality indicators and patient information
- disseminating and implementing evidence-based guidelines
- coordinating error prevention and patient safety measure
- developing methodologies for guidelines and evidence-based healthcare
- identifying and appraising quality innovations
To get an impression
- Association of the Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF), Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed). German Instrument for Methodological Guideline Appraisal = Deutsches Instrument zur methodischen Leitlinien-Bewertung (DELBI). Version: 2005/2006 + Domain 8 (2008).
- German Association for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy (DGPPN), German Medical Association (GMA), National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (NASHIP), Association of the Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF). Short version S3-Guideline/NDMG Unipolar Depression. 2011.
- German Medical Association (GMA), National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (NASHIP), Association of the Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF).
4th edition. 2010.
- Nothacker M, Duda V, Hahn M, Warm M, Degenhardt F, Madjar H et al. Early detection of breast cancer: benefits and risks of supplemental breast ultrasound in asymptomatic women with mammographically dense breast tissue. A systematic review. BMC Cancer 2009;9(1):335.
- Nothacker M, Bunk T, Schwencke S, Rütters D, Ollenschläger G. The German Medical eLibrary: A web-based knowledge portal for medical professionals. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010;143(1 Supplement 1):102-103.
- Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed). Quality Indicators: A Manual for Authors – Short Version. 2010.
AQuMed develops short information leaflets for patients. Based on high quality guidelines or systematic literature search, they provide comprehensive information on major conditions, guideline recommendations about treatment and coping with the disease. At the moment, translations in Arabic, English, French, Spanish, Russian and Turkish to the following diseases are available:
- German Medical Association (GMA), National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (NASHIP), Agency for Quality in Medicine (AQuMed). CME-Concept "Patient Safety". Identify errors Avoid incidents. Correct consequences - Learning from Errors. 2007.
- Hoffmann B, Rohe J. Patient safety and error management: what causes adverse events and how can they be prevented? Dtsch Arztebl Int 2010;107(6):92-99.
- Rohe J, Hahnenkamp C, Dichtjar T, Sanguino H. A., Schleppers A, Fishman L. What kind of evidence can be found in incident reporting systems? Systematic evaluation of incident reports to identify risks using syringe pumps.
Poster - 19th Cochrane Colloquim / VI. International Conference Patient Safety, 19-22 October 20011, Madrid
- Rohe J, Sanguino H. A., Thomeczek C. Distinctive but networked: The German National Incident Reporting Network CIRSmedical.de.
Poster - ISQUA, 10-13 October 2010, Paris